Problems with installing debian

Dear Debian Support

Im trying to install Linux Debian Stable on one of my computers.

I am totally new in the linux world so my knowledge about setting up computersystems and so on isnt that good yet.

But back to the problem: I have found out that the architecture of the computer i want to installing Debian stable on, is an Intel E64T - then by following your guides i have found out that i the smartest for me will be to download a small installation image, and that it have to be amd64.

When i have downloaded the .iso-file (full name of the file: debian-6.0.6-amd64-netinst) I have burned it down to a single cd and putted it in that computer i want to install debian on.

Then i have re-booted it (turn it off and turn it on) and pressed F12 under the booting up. Then it says I have to choose from where i want to boot. I choose my CD where the .iso-file lies on and click enter.

But then my computer goes back to the windows screen where it ask me about I want to repair the windows system - and thats wasnt what i was intended to do.

I dont want two Operation Systems on the computer the only one i want on it, is Debian.

Can you see what im doing wrong and please help me with doing it right?

Best regards:

Søren Karlsen - Denmark