Re: Test of d-i in IPv6-only environment (was: Bug#686970: Inconsistent ipv6 handling of localhost in netbase and netcfg)
- To: Philipp Kern <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Test of d-i in IPv6-only environment (was: Bug#686970: Inconsistent ipv6 handling of localhost in netbase and netcfg)
- From: Karsten Merker <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 19:24:33 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20121001172433.GB2585@excalibur.cnev.de>
- In-reply-to: <20120926082302.GA11742@spike.0x539.de>
- References: <20120907194412.GA28393@msgid.df7cb.de> <20120917212540.GA16768@spike.0x539.de> <20120917213058.GA11152@bongo.bofh.it> <20120917214129.GA16465@spike.0x539.de> <20120919190007.GA2619@excalibur.cnev.de> <20120926082302.GA11742@spike.0x539.de>
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:23:02AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 09:00:07PM +0200, Karsten Merker wrote:
> > - When the router announcements have "AdvOtherConfigFlag" set to
> > "On", i.e. they tell the client to do a DHCPv6 request for
> > additional (non-address) information, and the DHCPv6 server
> > does not respond, the client seems to infinitely try to get
> > a DHCPv6 reply. After about 10 minutes I have killed the
> > dhcp6c process, but that results in the whole network
> > configuration process starting from the beginning.
> > I have attached the corresponding syslog part.
> The timeout issue should be fixed with the current daily. It would
> probably be good if you could retest that. I.e. there was a general
> programming error that might not only have affected this specific
I have just run a test with today's daily netinst
dated 01-Oct-2012 00:11) with the same setup (IPv6-only network,
radvd announces prefix and RDNSS, AdvOtherConfigFlag is "on").
When the DHCPv6 server does not respond, dhcp6c still loops
seemingly forever (I have killed the process after 15 minutes).
Gem. Par. 28 Abs. 4 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der Nutzung
sowie der Weitergabe meiner personenbezogenen Daten für Zwecke der
Werbung sowie der Markt- oder Meinungsforschung.