Re: CD1 without a network mirror isn't sufficient to install a full desktop environment

Le lundi 10 septembre 2012 à 20:08 +0200, Karsten Merker a écrit :
> I am not going to repeat all the discussions about GNOME 3, but
> at least from the impressions I have gotten around here, many
> previous GNOME 2 users seem not to consider GNOME 3 / GNOME shell
> a continuation of their existing environment, but instead see it
> as a radical break, effectively as a different desktop
> environment, and a lot of them seem to have adopted XFCE as the
> "heir" of GNOME 2.

Just because these people are noisy doesn’t make them numerous.

Furthermore, Debian (and Ubuntu too IIRC) makes “GNOME classic”
available right from the login manager, with the default installation.
Not considering gnome-panel 3.x a continuation of the existing
environment is purely bad faith.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :