Re: Processed: reassign 687212 to localechooser, found 687212 in 2.44

Quoting Debian Bug Tracking System (owner@bugs.debian.org):
> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>
> > reassign 687212 localechooser
> Bug #687212 [installation-reports] localechooser: should use higher languagelevel with network-console
> Bug reassigned from package 'installation-reports' to 'localechooser'.
> No longer marked as found in versions 2.44 and 2.46.
> Ignoring request to alter fixed versions of bug #687212 to the same values previously set
> > found 687212 2.44
> Bug #687212 [localechooser] localechooser: should use higher languagelevel with network-console
> Marked as found in versions 2.44/.

The list of languages was very short because of this code:

# Determine the display level
language_display_level() {
	local level

	#log "Frontend in use: $DEBIAN_FRONTEND"
	case $DEBIAN_FRONTEND in
	    gtk)
		level=4 ;;
	    *)
		# Keep only Latin1 languages if we don't have a framebuffer
		if [ "$TERM_FRAMEBUFFER" ]; then
			level=3
		else
			level=1
		fi
		# The hurd text-mode console has decent charset support
		if [ "$TERM" = "hurd" ]; then
			level=3
		fi
		# ASCII only if we are on serial console, dumb, or Mach terminal
		# Both variables should already be set at init time
		if [ "$TERM_TYPE" = "serial" ] || [ "$TERM" = "dumb" ] || [ "$TERM" = "mach-color" ] ; then
			level=0
		fi
		;;
	esac

	#log "Language display level is $level"
	echo $level
}

If, in the situation you describe, there is a way to "recognize" that
the terminal can display non Latin languages, then we can adapt that
code.