Re: Status of d-i on ARM

On Tue, 2012-09-04 at 17:35 +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> I ran the daily image on various ARM machines this weekend and all of
> the major problems reported in April [1] are gone now.
>
> (The Thecus n2100 didn't boot after the installation but it looks more
> like a kernel or hardware problem; I'll try to investiate.)
>
> I tested the installer on the following devices:
>
>  - GuruPlug
>  - HP mv2120
>  - OpenRD-Client
>  - QNAP TS-219
>  - SheevaPlug
>  - Thecus n2100

I tested on:
   - Dreamplug

>From the sounds of things the issue I described in [0]  (l2 cache not
disabled in u-boot on some kirkwood devices) is not all that prevalent.
Weighing that against the risk of breaking something I think that the
workaround I proposed in that mail is better not deployed at this point
in the release cycle.

Ian.

[0] <1346319361.27277.52.camel@zakaz.uk.xensource.com>
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Sleep - Holy Mountain

Fortune finishes the great quotations, #12

	Those who can, do.  Those who can't, write the instructions.