Re: Beta2 preparation: proposed unblock for netcfg(?)

Hi Gaudenz,

Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> (27/08/2012):
> Just as an additional data point. I have been using all these changes
> since they were commited in all my tests and don't know of any
> unresolved problems. I also reviewed all changes made by Sorina before
> mergeing them to trunk. But of course I can't garantuee that I did not
> miss something. Another check is always appreciated.

thanks for your input. I'm not sure I want to push an extra package to
testing at this point, now I'd rather for beta 3 to get it in. Does that
look sensible to you? If there's no delay for beta 2, preparing a beta 3
release in roughly 1.5 month would seem realistic.

> As a last part of the GSOC project we are working on a better solution
> to carry over wireless configuration to the installed system. This
> should avoid the current problems that the cleartext password is
> written to /etc/network/interfaces and that network-manager does not
> manage the wireless interface because of that.
>
> This code can be found in the people/sorina/write_config branch. I
> don't intend to merge this before wheezy without prior discussion on
> debian-boot. But personally I think both changes should go into the
> wheezy installer.

Feel free to mention that on -boot@ right after beta 2 is out, so we
have time to discuss and push those changes for the beta 3 release
cycle.

Mraw,
KiBi.