Re: Reviewing/unblocking udev/175-7

On Aug 25, Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> wrote:

> 1. This one appears twice:
> +  * Moved 60-persistent-input.rules back from udev-gtk-udeb to udev-udeb.
> +    (Closes: #666223)
>
> I suspect a copy/paste failure, since 50-udev-default.rules was moved
> to, but not mentioned in the changelog?
It appears twice because I think that the first time I did it wrong (I
was a bit confused myself by this as well, but the result looks correct).

> 2. You want to compress only source with that, right?
No... Unless somebody strongly feels that XZ binary packages are not
yet acceptable for udev then I will fix this in the next upload.

> 3. The libusb-dev epoch bump in build-depswasn't mentioned in the changelog.
This was reported on debian-devel@, the old version was wrong but the
change has no practical consequences.

> 4. Standards-Version was bumped with no mention in the changelog.
Because it required no change to the package.

> 5. gir1.2-gudev-1.0's section was changed from libs to introspection
> with no mention in the changelog.
The change merely reflects the actual status in the archive.

> 6. udev_conf_comments wasn't mentioned in the changelog.
Following my theory that the change speaks for itself, and that if
you do not see it then you do not need to care that something has
changed.

> As mentioned on IRC, 17x vs. 18y for wheezy is for another day…
Either way will require a lot of work, but I think that I will make a
18x upload to experimental.

--
ciao,
Marco