Re: talking debian installer also on the ARM CD?

Samuel Thibault, le Tue 03 Jul 2012 13:35:50 -0300, a écrit :
> Simon Eigeldinger, le Tue 03 Jul 2012 17:39:21 +0200, a écrit :
> > does adding accessibility packages increase dvd size and cd size so much?
> > thought those where not that big those packages.
>
> Size for dvd and cd is not a problem. It's size for netinst which is,
> and it's the same initrd which is used both for cd and netinst. The
> compromise that had been found is to include speech only on the gtk
> initrd, which is already big anyway, and used on cd but not on netinst.

I forgot to mention, to complete the logic to the end: there is
currently no gtk initrd for armel, thus no official image with speech on
arm. But that's the kind of thing that could be reconsidered since we
have more and more capable arm-based machines.

Samuel