Re: Wheezy release: CDs are not big enough any more...

On May 14, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:

> It is my impression from my visits in the Fall (although I do not have
> any hard data to support it) that in India and Indonesia network access
> is generally so slow that even if computers have DVD drives the common
> media downloaded and used is CD.
This does not look like a great argument: when your internet access is
really slow then you either download one image and share it between user
(and then it does not matter if it is a CD or DVD, since the incremental
cost per user is negligible), or you just download the netinstall image
to minimize the number of bytes you need to download from the network to
what you strictly need (yes, I did a few modem netinstalls...).

--
ciao,
Marco