Re: Debian Installer 7.0 Alpha1 release

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 15:55 +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> The Debian Installer team[1] is pleased to announce the first alpha
> release of the installer for Debian Wheezy.
>

> Improvements in this release of the installer

I assume these will also be listed in later releases, so:

[...]
> Behavioral changes in this release
> ==================================
>
>  * Make sure to put "hda" into the CoLo config file instead
>    of "sda" since CoLo only knows about the former (#614839).
>  * Remove 5 second sleeps when debootstrap finds additional
>    required dependencies. d-i just got that much faster.
>  * Use SHA checksums.
>  * Re-enable ZFS on kfreebsd-i386.
>  * Allow stripped ZFS for root filesystem.

Presumably 'striped' not 'stripped'.

[...]
> Hardware support changes
>
>  * Support AMD CPU family 20 (LP: #676838).
[...]

This bug was already fixed in squeeze, since we primarily used CPU
feature flags for kernel flavour selection.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.