Re: GSoC project

Hello!

Hope you don't mind, I took some time to dig into d-i internals,
getting used with the code and the build system.

I took a look at bug #610752 [0] and made a first attempt of
a patch. I posted the git diff on pastebin [1], since I wanted to
be sure it is ok before submitting it. Please tell me if this was
the right thing to do.

Firstly, I am not very sure about debconf_go return value. I
assumed it returns 0 if everything is ok, based on the way it is
used in other functions, such as netcfg_get_domain
(netcfg-common.c), but I have not found anything explicitly
saying so.

Secondly, in the bug report it was suggested to remove
NETCFG_LINK_WAIT_TIME, but I considered it could be used for
setting a default value, since I believe getting timeout value
has a low priority and there wouldn't be necessary to loop until
a correct value is provided.

In addition, could you please tell me what exactly does installation
manual appendix updating implies?

Furthermore, is it a good idea to keep a personal git repository
containing netcfg sources with my changes? At the moment
I have a local one, but I would like to host it on github, since
I believe that way everything would be transparent but only
relevant changes will be added as patches (or in any other
way).

Thank you,
Sorina

[1] http://pastebin.com/0ZAPnWGS