debconf not recognizing template pattern from custom udeb

I'm trying to setup and run the scripted partitioning udeb I found on the list a while back (http://hezmatt.org/~mpalmer/scripted-partitioning/).

I've got the vast majority of it all working, just for some reason whatever pattern I preseed, debconf always reports the pattern as NULL. Which throws a pretty big wrench in the whole process. If I hardcode the script into the udeb, it will partition the system as it should, I just can't get the debconf hooks to work properly.

I've never worked with debconf and it's templates, so it is more then likely an implementation issue.

Here is the templates control file from the udeb.

Template: debian-installer/scripted-partitioning/title

Type: text

Template: scripted-partitioning/script

Type: text

The filename must be relative to /lib/scripted-partitioning, and must

already exist and be executable.

From the docs, I should be able to preseed a pattern for whichever script I would like to run to handle the partitioning (no I'm no longer interested in using partman for preseeding, this is WAY easier once I figure this hooks issue out)

In my preseed file, I have the following 2 lines to enable the udeb and set the pattern (the udeb is included in a custom repo on a remastered iso)

d-i preseed/early_command string anna-install cdebconf-udeb parted-udeb xfsprogs-udeb hw-detect md-modules mdadm-udeb lvm2-udeb dmsetup-udeb ntfstools-udeb xfs-modules ext2-modules ext3-modules; udpkg --unpack /cdrom/ads/repo/sp.udeb

scripted-partitioning/script text z400

I can see the early_command works fine, the udeb does get unpacked. The main issue is that debconf will never recognize the pattern scripted-partitioning/script and always reports both patterns from the template file as NULL. Here is the result from debconf-dumpdb configdb|grep scripted

debian-installer/scripted-partitioning/title text (null)

scripted-partitioning/script text (null)

Is there something off in the templates perhaps somehow?

--

Ryan Braun

Aviation and Defence Services Division

Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada

CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558

E-Mail: Ryan.Braun@ec.gc.ca