cat'ing remastered iso's direct to usb?

Hey guys, love that squeeze can be cat'd direct to the usb device for usb installs. I've remastered a squeeze kde install image, it burns and installs fine from dvd (theres more then just squeeze on it), but when I try to cat it to the usb drive, it won't boot like a stock squeeze iso.

So my question, is there some kind of magic that needs to be done to the iso in order to be able cat squeeze.iso > /dev/sdb?

FWIW here is my mkisofs command used to generate the image.

mkisofs -o $ISONAME -r \

-b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat \

-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \

-boot-info-table $MASTER

--

Ryan Braun

Aviation and Defence Services Division

Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada

CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558

E-Mail: Ryan.Braun@ec.gc.ca