[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Upcoming stable point release

[CC += -boot]

On 16.01.2012 19:06, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On Sat, 2012-01-14 at 04:09 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 13:12 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> If there is a further kernel update planned for inclusion in the point > release, it would be ideal if that could be uploaded over the coming > weekend so that we can look at finalising the installer later next week.

There are some more important changes pending, including a fix for a
regression in 2.6.32-40 (currently in stable-proposed-updates). I can probably make an upload this weekend, but cannot promise that a further
upload will not be needed.  We need some testing of the isci driver
(added in 2.6.32-40) and more generally regression testing.

Thanks for the -41 upload.  I accepted that in to p-u earlier today.

Are there any current plans for a -42 upload? Looking at SVN there only appears to be one change listed in the changelog and it didn't immediately sound like it would need an upload on its own.

If -41 is looking to be the final kernel for the point release, we should look at getting lkdi and any other pending d-i changes sorted out (although if there are pending changes then they should really have been raised on -release by now...)



Reply to: