mklibs with c++ libs

I'm trying to use mklibs to reduce a root file system which contains C
and C++ shared objects. When I build gcc with --enable-__cxa_atexit,
every C++ lib has a dependancy on __dso_handle which mklibs can't
resolve. If I build gcc with --disable-__cxa_atexit then only libc
requires __dso_handle (which is already handled by mklibs) but I think
that this will break the ordering of static object destructors.

Is there a good way to allow mklibs to resolve __dso_handle in C++
libs if I use --enable-__cxa_atexit to build gcc?

Many Thanks

Chris