Re: Re: "No kernel modules were found" PowerPC Businesscard and Netinst daily CDs

>> On 07/28/2011 01:40 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

>    On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 13:35, Rick Thomas<rbthomas@pobox.com>
>wrote:

>>        PS: The corresponding sid d-i install CD is even worse.  It
>>has problems
>>        with choosing a language and can't get far enough to check for
>>kernel
>>        modules.

>    Please get the current (today's) daily from sid and give it a try.
>If
>    it fails, try to get the syslog so we can see what's going on. We
>    fixed some scanning CD issues yestarday and it might have fixed
>yours
>    but need confirmation of it.

>    Regarding the language choose if it fails then we need to fix it
>first
>    since Wheezy built is a week old now.

>>I used the latest powerpc netinstall.iso and I customised the iso with
>>a preseed.cfg. I added another local repository in the apt-setup
>>section of the preseed.cfg. Partitioning and base system installation
>>went fine. At the moment of configuring apt and installing the
>>packages it won't continue. If I go to a shell and look
>>at /var/log/syslog, I see the following error:

>>date/time grub-installer: GRUB not yet usable on PowerPC systems other
>>than Pegasos/Efika
>>date/time main-menu[218]: INFO: Menu item 'apt-setup-udeb' selected
>>date/time apt-setup: /usr/lib/apt-setup/generators/50mirror backed up
>>date/time main-menu[218]: INFO: Menu item 'apt-setup-udeb' succeeded
>>but requested to be left unconfigured
>>then repetition of the same text over and over again...

>>My guess is that this is a bug, my preseed.cfg looks fine.

I think the problem is the build grabs the default (stable) d i kernel,
but uses kernel modules from testing or unstable, so the modules don't
match. The d i system reports "no kernel modules were found," but it
means, "the kernel modules won't load into the running kernel."

I use debian-cd periodically to generate an install image. I have not
been able to determined, albeit I haven't tried very hard, how to
correct this build behavior. I've not been able to build using debian-cd
an install CD that works.

I always end up using jigdo. If you feed jigdo-lite a local mirror,
after about 10 minutes it starts building the image, and it works.