Cannot enter dm-crypt passphrases

Hey,

During system boot, my keyboard doesn't work, and I cannot enter the password for my encrypted disks. I am able to use my keyboard in the installer, bios, and bootloader. I have tried two USB keyboards. Any solution ideas?
I have read that the password prompt will timeout. This would work for me because i only have my /home and swap encrypted. My password prompt doesn't timeout.
I have also seen suggestions of modifying a "mkinitcpio.conf" file to include usb keyboard support, but I don't think the debian deployment of dm-crypt uses this file.