Re: About using static config with pxeboot/preseed

Hi,

On 11.10.2011 17:17, Julien Escario wrote:
I'm trying to configure full automated install.
The server is booting over pxe, get his dhcp lease and retrieve the
preseed file
over http.

Preseeding is working well but not for the net config : ip address,
hostname, ...

After reboot, dhcp is still used and hostname is 'debian'.

Is this a normal behaviour ? No way to use DHCP to get the address
for d-i and
install the server with a static address ?

Yeah, we noticed that as well.
In our provisioning software (noc-ps) we simply work around that by not specifying the configuration in the preseed file, but feeding a static network configuration through kernel parameters:

==
netcfg/disable_dhcp=true netcfg/get_ipaddress=$ip netcfg/get_netmask=$netmask netcfg/get_gateway=$gateway
==

Regarding hostname: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=606636

Yours sincerely,

Floris Bos