Problems with d-i on self-made (debian-cd/easy-build.sh) Debian images

Good morning

As I still play with self-made and preseeded Debian images I've some new
problem where I hope you can help me or give me the right hint. Of course
before I wrote this email I googled (the error message), read the debian-cd
documentation and READMEs and tried several updates of my local debian mirror.

My goals was it to add some additional packages which are not (yet) in proper
Debian. They are finally on the images but as the installer doesn't really
work (see error message below). I even tried to use other d-is than the wheezy
one (configurations in the attached files CONF.sh and easy-build.sh).

I used to following command to generate the images.
./easy-build.sh DVD

And then trying to install I got the following error message in qemu and
virtualbox:
Error message:
""""""""""
Error: Load installer components from CD:
No kernel modules were found. This probably is due to a mismatch between the
kernel used
by this version of the installer and the kernel version available in the
archive.

If you're installing from a mirror, you can work around this problem by
choosing to
install a different version of Debian. The install will probably fail to work
if you
continue without kernel modules.

Continue to install without loading kernel modules?
<Go back>                                                           <Yes>
<No>

Do you have any hint or idea what could be wrong?

TIA
Mario