Running cdebconf. Status and RFC

Hi guys,

So, unfortunately for you, I'm still working on cdebconf. I've fixed a
couple of issues, though I would like some feedback before pushing some
other changes I have.

 * debconf/frontend: debconf and cdebconf have different names for the
frontends (Readline, Dialog, Gnome, versus text, newt, gtk), which causes
all sorts of issues for the transition. Any objection to using
cdebconf/frontend instead ?
 * When switching from debconf to cdebconf, there is the problem of the
database. One uses /var/cache/debconf, the other /var/lib/cdebconf by
default, meaning either it has to be migrated, or cdebconf will have to
use /var/cache/debconf. The main issue of migrating the database is in
the case of a system wide upgrade where cdebconf would actually replace
debconf. Between the package being unpacked and the postinst script being
run, the database will be unconfigured ; so any other package trying to
use debconf in this interval won't have access to the previously set
values. This includes triggers, e.g. in the man-db postinst.
Do you have any opinion in the long term ? In the short term, I could
include the migration script for people willing to test, but I would like
someone else's view on it before I do it.

I'm considering an upload soon-ish, after I have feedback on these 2
subjects. Again, any objection ?

Thanks,
Regis