Re: Stable 6.0.2.1 images broken?

At bottom :-

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 00:43, Touko Korpela <touko.korpela@iki.fi> wrote:
> At http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.2.1/$arch/iso-cd/ (i386,amd64
> etc.) reads the following text:
>
>           Daily build # for i386, using installer build from squeeze
>
>   These images will install the testing version of Debian, currently
>   Wheezy.
>
>   See the top-level daily directory for more information about the daily
>   builds.
>
>   This build finished at Tue Jun 28 13:01:51 UTC 2011.
>
> This seems to be an error, are just this text wrong or are squeeze
> installation images now installing wheezy instead?

I don't think so. I downloaded the DVD image via jigdo and I had the
older one downloaded through jigdo as well .

The only difference between this image and the last image is of 314
files (amd64 arch) . If it was wheezy, I would assume that the
difference between files would have been much larger. I am not sure
though why its 314 files, they said 150/160 odd packages being
changed. I do know that sometimes some meta-package may have 3
individual packages, some binary, some binary-common and some
binary-data, maybe that's the change. Also maybe the changes they had
said may just be in main and not of other archives (contrib and
non-free) where the package change policies may be more relaxing.

Anyways, I do hope somebody is able to give an opinion one way or the other.

One has to keep in mind, that this has made sure that the weekly
images aren't there on time. See for instance
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/amd64/jigdo-dvd/

The last image is still reflecting the one done on 20th June ,

My 2 paise :)

<snipped>
--
          Regards,