Re: debian-installer - HP ProBook 6560b

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 07:57:41PM +0000, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On 2011-06-10, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
> >> what can i do to install debian on this laptop?
> > Wait a while.  Anything with Sandy Bridge built in graphics is a
> > nightmare under linux at this time.  Debian unstable MIGHT be able to
> > get it going, but testing almost certainly can't yet.  No change at all
> > with stable.  This will be true with probably all linux distributions
> > at this time.
>
> Oh wheezy works perfect.  At least with 2.6.39 from sid (but
> xserver-xorg-video-intel from wheezy).

OK, so the 2.6.39 helps?  Funny given the upstream 2.6.39 plain supposedly
is a complete disaster for Sandy Bridge.  Of course the problem was
known so a patch may simply have already been included.

I will suggest to my coworker to update his kernel then to see if that
gets rid of the last few occational glitches.

--
Len Sorensen