Re: /run in *unstable*: migration of /lib/init/rw, /dev/.*

Roger Leigh wrote:
> Packages using /lib/init/rw
>
> debootstrap

Umounted on exit.. If it's a symlink will umount follow the link and try
to umount something else?

Also console-setup (setupcon)

> Packages using /dev/.*

> Packages using /etc
>   /etc/adjtime

(FWIW, d-i relies on hwclock writing to /etc/adjtime)

busybox has some code too

>   /etc/mtab - symlink to /proc/self/mounts (494001)

debootstrap (but seems ok; only removes file not symlink)

busybox

lilo-installer
aboot-installer
debian-installer-utils
grub-installer
arcboot-installer
palo-installer
elilo-installer

Any of these could break even with the symlink if, for example,
/target/proc is not mounted when they try to use /target/etc/mtab.
Several I've looked at (lilo-installer and grub-installer) try to
overwrite /etc/mtab.

>   /etc/network/run/ifstate - ifupdown - (623523)

busybox (comment only; seems to be configured to use /var/run/ifstate).

--
see shy jo