Re: Netboot wheezy on Sheevaplug installs squeeze

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:58:21PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Graham Keeling wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I'm not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but here goes:
> >
> > I downloaded the uImage and uInitrd from this location:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/wheezy/main/installer-armel/current/images/kirkwood/netboot/marvell/sheevaplug/
> >
> > But it actually ends up installing squeeze, not wheezy.
> >

> > How should I go about getting this fixed?
>
> The installer images on ftp.debian.org are only updated for Debian
> stable releases; that is the same as the squeeze installer currently.
>
> Use a daily build from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Thanks for this.
However, I now have some possibly dumb questions.

On the Sheevaplug, I am used to downloading a uImage and a uInitrd (these
are the only files available in the FTP directory above), putting them on a
USB stick, booting the plug and running commands like this on the u-Boot
command line:

usb start
ext2load usb 0:1 0x00800000 /uImage
ext2load usb 0:1 0x01100000 /uInitrd
setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200n8 base-installer/initramfs-tools/driver-policy=most
bootm 0x00800000 0x01100000

The only installers that I can find in the daily build directories are iso
images. I do not know how to use these on the plug.

Is there a way of converting an iso image to a uImage/uInitrd?