No network interface detected

I am using Lenny point release 5.0.8 netinstall to install base system with kernel version (2.6.32). When installation starts it goes to configure the network hardware ("Configure the network") then there is a problem and it says :

No network interface detected.
No network interfaces were found. The Insallation system was unable to find a network device.

I checked if netwok interface is visible using lspci -v and ethernet adapter is visible in the output.

I wonder if somebody had this problem earlier?

Thanks you for pointers in advance.

--RR