Re: Consoles and d-i

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 11:03, Jurij Smakov <jurij@wooyd.org> wrote:
> I have now come up with a set of changes which implements it, see the
> attached patch. I've tested it on my sparc box with a 2.6.38 netboot
> image, with both regular and serial console.

Why do you want to provide compatibility with older kernels? I'd say
to use to update d-i to 2.6.38 and remove backward compatibility with
older kernel since for linux we will release with >= 2.6.38 so no
reason to support previous kernels.

We just need to be sure to make it clear on commit and changelog.

Someone disagree?

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br