Re: Mirroring win32-loader.exe in debian/tools/

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 23:08, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud <odyx@debian.org> wrote:
> Le Thursday 13 January 2011 23:02:09 Didier 'OdyX' Raboud, vous avez écrit :
>> I will try to come up with something; it'll be there on the win32-loader
>> upload that enables the dpkg-distaddfile call (after proofread on -boot).
>
> Hi all,
>
> as it sounds that time is getting short, I took some of my sleep time to prepare
> the attached patch. Does it sound sane for an upload soon (aka tomorrow) ?

The patch seems good. Except a complainment bellow...

> I'd appreciate review on the wording of the text in particular. An opinion on
> the handling of the BYHAND variable from the FTPMasters would be appreciated too
> (should BYHAND be yes at each upload to unstable? at each "safe" upload? at each
> upload targetted to testing? only in stable-updates uploads, … ? ).

I am not good for wording review (Christian, could you take a look on
this?) but regarding the .exe handling:

 - for now, BYHAND ought to default to 'no';
 - we ought to set it to 'yes' for uploads targetting stable and testing;
 - I think we ought to have it named <suite>-win32-loader.exe where
suite is squeeze, wheeze and so on.

Having it separated on tools allow for different set of features and
updating cycle do not compromising stability for stable users and
allowing for easier and faster updating for testing users when we
think it is "good enough".

Cheers,

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br