Re: [RFH] Test of RC1 images prior to announce

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 01:42:13AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
>On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 17:29 -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Please give it a try:
>>
>> http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/.squeeze_di_rc1/
>
>A bit late but I tested the images from
>http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/squeeze_di_rc1/, which I guess are the
>same, under Xen.
>
>debian-sq-di-rc1-amd64-i386-powerpc-netinst.iso is missing the i386 and
>amd64 di kernel modules. This has happened before on and off and AFAIK
>is simply due to the overall size of the stuff on the CD so I'm not sure
>what to suggest.
>
>debian-sq-di-rc1-i386-amd64-source-DVD-1.iso works fine under Xen.

OK, thanks very much for the testing. As I suggested a while back, I
don't see a useful way for the m-a netinst to continue with powerpc
support. I'm going to drop that and make it just amd64/i386 from this
point forward, unless anybody has any bright ideas for an alternative.

That'll also mean that the m-a netinst should work as an isohybrid
image then; previously it was impossible due to conflicts in the space
needed for both Mac and PC booting (sector 0).

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back