Recurrent "old builds" for D-I

(CC'ing Gaudenz to get attention, just in case. Of course, no need to
CC me back in replies)

Quoting Daily build aggregator (debian-boot@lists.debian.org):
> Debian installer build overview
> -------------------------------
>
> Failed or old builds:
>
> * OLD BUILD:    mipsel Dec 09 00:12 buildd@rem build_cobalt_netboot-2.6_serial
>                 http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/mipsel/daily/build_cobalt_netboot-2.6_serial.log

> * OLD BUILD:    s390 Dec 19 00:03 buildd@zandonai build_generic
>                 http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/s390/daily/build_generic.log

> * OLD BUILD:    sparc Jul 12 11:08 stappers@dd build_netboot
>                 http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/sparc/daily/build_netboot.log

So, we still have these three arches where builds are broken for quite
some time.

Apparently s390 failures are fairly recent but were probably unnoticed
because the recurrent sparc failures made everybody ignore the daily
failure mails.

mipsel failures happen since Dec09. Gaudenz pinged the mipsel porters
list but got no answer (at least none that I can see):

Hi mipsel buildd maintainers

Since 12/09 the debian-installer daily images for mipsel are no longer
autobuilt (at least there are no new builds pushed to d-i.debian.org).
The builds used to be built on rem.

See http://lists.debian.org/20100331165134.GA19557@mails.so.argh.org
for more information on how the d-i daily images building on the
autobuilders works.

It would be nice if you could investigate this and report back if
there is a problem that needs our (debian-boot) help to fix.

And sparc failures are a longstanding issue as they are apparently
built in a broken environment by Geert:

Ping!

Two more weeks and no answer from either Geert or the SPARC buildd
maintainers. I'm CCing this to debian-sparc in the hope to at least
get some status update.

IMHO the best solution would be to adopt the same setup as on most
other architectures: To build the d-i daily images on a buildd. See
below for more information on the setup.

If I don't get an answer by the end of the year I'll add a note to the
daily images overview[1] and possibly similar pages that currently no
sparc images can be provided until some steps in to do the necessary
work.

We probably need to re-ping misel porters, do the move to a buildd for
sparc builds....and ping s390 porters about the failures since Dec19.

Goal: stop having a daily mail about failed builds as....this just
makes everybody ignore them after a few days.