Re: win32-loader

Le Sunday 2 January 2011 14:53:21 Stefano Canepa, vous avez écrit :
> Hi all,
> I installed my new notebook using win32-loader, everything went ok and now
> I have a working debian system dualbooting with Win7 but when I boot the
> second operating system its boot menu continues to present the option to
> boot debian installer. What I did the wrong way? It's this a bug I can help
> finding out how to solve.
>
> Bye
> Stefano

Hi Stefano,

thanks for your report: it's nice to see win32-loader in action. You should try
to uninstall win32-loader from within Windows 7 (the uninstallation executable
might be hard to find as it has a weird name, but it carries the Debian swirl;
this will maybe be handled post-Squeeze). Its uninstallation is supposed to
remove the "Debian Installer" entry that is added to the Windows boot loader (if
it does not or fails otherwise, that's a bug.

Cheers,

OdyX

--
Didier Raboud, proud Debian Developer.