Recent commit storms in d-i GIT repos

Hello folks,

I would like to apologize for the recent commit storms of the last 3
nights in D-I git repository.

It appears that the Sinhala translator committed an update for
sublevel 5 file that actually was incorrect (duplicate string).

A side effect of this is that the l10n daily script synchronized all
other sublevels for this language from complete files to....empty
files.

And, then, as another side effect, this propagated to all packages
that have translatable debconf strings; with one "updated" si.po file
for each of them.

After noticing this, I fixed the Sinhala translations and, then, the
nights that followed, the changes repropagated back to packages. To
add more hassle, I unfortunately did this only partially the first
time because I was in a hurry to leave for work....so it took two
nights for everything to be properly settled.

I plan to try to find a way to avoid this to happen:  in case a PO
file in packages/po/sublevel{1-5] fails gettext checks, then don't
propagate the error to other sublevels and don't sync packages.