Re: Debian Installer Installs to the Wrong HD

[Cc'ing you, since I assume you are not subscribed to the mailing list]

On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 07:45:57AM -0600, Old Man wrote:
> Results:
>
> When I booted into /dev/sda, I got what was left of the slackware
> installation that was originally there. I booted into /dev/sdb and did
> some looking. sda's file system was untouched, but the partitions were
> reversed (originally it was partition-swap, debian formatted it
> swap-partition).

This seems fishy. If the disk really was repartitioned, there should be
nothing left of the file system that was there before.

How did you choose the disk to install to in order to be sure that you
selected the correct one? By looking at the previous partitioning, the
disk size, something else?

--
Andreas Bombe