Re: cdebconf progress

On Wed, August 10, 2011 11:15, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 07:44:38AM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> I, for one, would vote for uploading to unstable. It is time to test
*now*. Closer to wheezy release might be too laste.
> Agreed, just go for unstable and (obviously) be responsive in case of
breakage.  If you think the changes are sound, then there's no need to
be excessively timid at this point in the release cycle.

Well, uploaded last night, if it breaks something I missed, please shout.

At this point, if you set DEBCONF_USE_CDEBONF=1, dpkg, dpkg-reconfigure,
and dpkg-preconfigure will use cdebconf. I had an issue last night with a
bacula postinst script, so everything is not perfect yet, but I didn't
have time to investigate further.

I started pushing a couple more patches, mostly related to a potential
move GTK3. I'm not actually porting to GTK3, only removing the use of
deprecated symbols, using GSeal, etc. Trivial changes, really.

As usual, any feedback/comment more than welcome.

Regis