Re: Installation report [failed] providing log files

On 08/01/11 04:15, Rick Thomas wrote:

In contrast to Jeroen's report that "Wheezy installation went fine on G3
Mac"...

I just tried the sid_d-i "testing" daily businesscard. (details of
exactly which iso are available on request)

Install went without a hitch until it came time to reboot into the newly
installed system.

The stage-1 boot script asked "... Linux or CD..." as expected. I typed
"l" for Linux and was presented with a flashing questionmark on a
folder. This is *not* the regular Mac flashing questionmark on a folder
icon that Open Firmware presents when it can't find any bootable media.
It's much cruder and lot more pixelated.

Tomorrow I'll try again. I'll see if I can get some log files by booting
the CD in rescue mode.

Rick

Note several occurrences in syslog of:

"yaboot-installer: ofpath: WARNING: Your kernel is too old for proper support, device may be innaccurate."

Seems strange since it's the latest available kernel...