Re: [SRM] Seeking approval for hw-detect changes for 6.0.1

On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 16:42 +0000, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> We would like to push the following changes to 6.0.1 to fix a problem
> with not waiting long enough for SCSI subsystem to be initialized, and
> disk detection failing in d-i on the first try as a result. These have
> been committed to the hw-detect squeeze brance:
[...]
> +hw-detect (1.84squeeze1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
                            ^^^^^^^^^^
I'm assuming that will be fixed before upload. :-)

> +
> +  * Increase the number of attempts to detect the new disk devices in
> +    disk_found() of disk-detect.sh to 15, bringing the total waiting time
> +    to 28 seconds. Current timeout of 4 seconds is not sufficient for
> +    some SCSI subsystems with long driver/disk initialization time.

This will need fixing in testing before the point release happens,
otherwise (assuming the dak code still works as-designed) it's going to
end up in unstable and testing automagically in order to ensure the
inter-suite version constraints are preserved.  Other than that and the
changelog note, please go ahead.

Regards,

Adam