Re: busybox v. 1.18.3

[Replying to an old(ish) email which I didn't notice somehow]

16.02.2011 00:41, Joey Hess wrote:
> Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> this is first refresh of new upstream (1.18) branch,
>> currently at 1.18.3.
>
> Speaking of upstream, since busybox upstream is in git, it
> can easily be merged into our repository. For example:
>
> git remote add upstream git://git.busybox.net/busybox
> git pull upstream
> git merge upstream/1_18_stable

I think that will be good thing, yes.  But it is not mandatory,
obviously.

> Merging that with your branch allows it to build
> without needing to faff with tarballs. Would it make sense
> to include upstream source in our busybox repo now that
> it's in git? It would be more consistent with the rest of d-i,
> although bb is still the only package in d-i that has a
> separate upstream source.
>
> Here is a d-i mini.iso built with the new busybox. I have not
> had a chance to boot it up and see if it installs. That would
> be a good test, before upgrading busybox.
>
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/tmp/mini.iso

That thing appears to be working somehow.  At least basic
install and rescue mode, some stuff in advanced mode - all
work fine as far as I can see.

As I mentioned already, there was no _config_ changes in
this 1.18 package compared with 1.17, so the only possible
changes are bugs introduced in busybox itself, but there
should - hopefully - be none, and even if there are such
bugs, we'll fix them later.

Thanks!

/mjt