Re: Preparation of fixes to 6.0.1

Quoting Julien Cristau (jcristau@debian.org):

> > Please take a look and comment on those. If you think anything is
> > missing please say so.
> >
> Is there any chance we can update the apt-setup debconf templates to
> stop talking about volatile?

I'm afraid I can't find any good formulation that doesn't fuzzy all
translations and avoids having a full translation update round (which
means collecting 64 updates if we want to keep the same localization
level).

Even for 20-30 languages, I need a very significant amount of time for
this to happen. More than the 6.0.1 timeframe, I think.

Also , we need to find a way to name the formerly "volatile" updates
to fit in this:

# All services are enabled by default to allow preseeding
Template: apt-setup/services-select
Type: multiselect
Choices-C: security, volatile
# SEC_HOST and VOL_HOST are host names (e.g. security.debian.org)
# Translators: the *entire* string should be under 55 columns
# including host name. In short, KEEP THIS SHORT and, yes, that's tricky
# :sl3:
__Choices: security updates (from ${SEC_HOST}), volatile updates (from ${VOL_HOST})
Default: security, volatile
# :sl3:
 Debian has two services that provide updates to releases: security and
 volatile.
 .
 Security updates help to keep your system secured against attacks. Enabling
 this service is strongly recommended.
 .
 Volatile updates provide more current versions for software that changes
 relatively frequently and where not having the latest version could reduce
 the usability of the software. An example is the virus signatures for a virus
 scanner. This service is only available for stable and oldstable releases.

In short, I know that "volatile" is now named "squeeze-updates"...but
how is it called more generically?