Virtualbox Squeeze guest network client failure

Hi All,

    to document and maybe save someone else the time:

    I installed a pristine Debian 6.0 Squeeze guest/client under VirtualBox 3.1.6
and got the problem that the network interface didn't get an (dhcp suplied) ip address.
It's a squeeze problem since dhcp of the pxe boot of the client (which was used to install
Squeeze) does function.

    I was able to work around this by disabling  allow-hotplug in /etc/network/interfaces
and adding an auto statement:

# allow-hotplug eth0
auto eth0

Sincerely,

Jan.

--
"Piracy is simply demand where supply does not exist."