/lib/lsb/init-functions

Hello,

While adding software speech synthesis support to d-i, I had to ship
alsa-utils' /etc/init.d/alsa-utils startup script, which unmutes the
audio card, but this script uses /lib/lsb/init-functions, which is not
shipped in d-i.

I would like to avoid forking the script.  Which way should I go?  Get
d-i to have /lib/lsb/init-functions?  Or ask the alsa maintainers to
extract from the /etc/init.d/alsa-utils the unmute logic into another
script that the former calls, and then write a d-i-specific script?

Samuel