sparc errata for squeeze

Hello,

Here are a couple of sparc-specific items which are unlikely to be
resolved for r0, so please add them to errata:

1. niu network driver, required by newer T2+ sparc systems is not
included in d-i, making it impossible to install on them using any
method which relies on early network setup. Driver is included in
kernel packages, so network is expected to operate normally after
installation is completed.

This is tracked in bug 608516, I hope to push the fix into r1.

2. Systems using aty graphics cards (for example, Ultra 10) may not
boot the installer correctly, with kernel freezing early in the boot
stage with last message "console [tty0] enabled, bootconsole disabled".
This is a kernel bug, for which a patch is available, however I only
seen one report of it fixing the issue, and it's unlikely to be
included into the kernels released in r0. The issue may be worked
around by adding a kernel boot parameter 'video=atyfb:off' to turn off
the framebuffer during boot, which allows the installer (and regular
kernel) to be booted on such systems.

This was reported in bug 609466, will try to build the patched kernel
to verify that it fixes it, and push into r1.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org
Key: http://www.wooyd.org/pgpkey/                      KeyID: C99E03CC