Re: Debian Installer 6.0 Release Candidate 2 release

Hi,

Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> (22/01/2011):
> The Debian Installer team[1] is pleased to announce the second
> release candidate of the installer for Debian Squeeze.

\o/

> See the errata[2] for details and a full list of known issues.

This still points to rc1 issues.

I tested successfully on an amd64 host, under kvm with a 1 GB disk:
 - linux-i386, business card, standard tools (no desktop), in both
   Greek and Tamil, using the graphical installer.
 - kfreebsd-i386, business card, standard tools (no desktop), in both
   English (default) and French, using the text installer.

(All of those using a local mirror, automatic partitioning, and
default answers everywhere.)

I'll try to do an expert install, and possibly one including the
desktop task, but my machine is very slow I/O-wise.

The only glitch: even though I picked French/France in kfreebsd-i386,
the keymap remained a qwerty one. I'm not sure it's a known
limitation, but if it is, I guess that'd belong to the errata.

Again: good job, folks.

KiBi.