Re: SPARC daily d-i builds

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 02:46:24AM +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> am Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 01:53:59AM +0100 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> > Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> (11/01/2011):
> > > As all my attempts to find someone willing to setup d-i daily builds
> > > on a sparc buildd [1] failed. I'm going to give up now and will not
> > > bother you again until some steps up to do the necessary work or
> > > provide me with buildd access. I added the following note to the d-i
> > > daily builds overview page: Due to the lack of porter and buildd
> > > admin interest there are currently no daily builds for the SPARC
> > > architecture. These builds will be reenable as soon as someone finds
> > > the time to do the necessary buildd setup.
> > >
> > > I would also be willing to do the neccessary setup myself if someone
> > > provides me with the necessary access to a sparc buildd.
> >
> > So, again, it's not about lack of interest, it's about lack of time.
> >
> > Also, you could have pinged debian-wb-team@. I believe aba did most of
> > the d-i autobuilding stuff, so he might have some clue to share. I've
> > added this list to the loop.
>
> and I did tell on #d-boot the following on Nov 13 2010:
>
> [...]
> 15:27 < trave11er> ok, we didn't get any reply from stappers, so sparc dailies still have the old kernels, afaict
> [...]
> 15:31 < otavio> trave11er: buildd people were going to put sparc into it
> 15:31 < otavio> trave11er: dunno if it has been done
> 15:31 < otavio> adsb: ^?
> [...]
> 15:33 < phil> otavio: "were going to" is quite untrue.  There still isn't a bug
> report, and I did report the result of my investigation, i.e. there's no space
> on the only LVMed sparc buildd we have.
> 15:37 < otavio> phil: I didn't recall about the space issue
> 15:37 < otavio> phil: indeed
>
> So meh, whatever.  To my knowledge that's still true.  We currently don't have
> the capacities and we admitted that.  Furthermore not asking -wb-team might
> not give you answers, indeed.  Sorry if I missed something along the way.

That got me thinking... We had this T2K box (zee) donated a while ago
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2009/08/msg00009.html, for
example), and it shows up as a buildd on a machine page, however I
don't really remember ever seeing a package built on it. Can you
please check what's its state and whether it can be used for these
builds?

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org