Re: Installation manual review for kFreeBSD needed!

2010/11/18 Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org>:
> Hello,
>
> The current kfreebsd version of the installation manual is lacking
> review: a lot of things have been fixed (e.g. "Linux" doesn't appear
> where it shouldn't), but quite a few things still need to be fixed,
> and we need kfreebsd-knowledgeable people to provide information.
> Basically, the whole manual should be reviewed for things that kfreebsd
> doesn't provide, or provides another way, e.g.: is md/lvm/encryption
> supported/how, is PXE supported/how, what are device names, check the
> supported hardware list, etc.

I reviewed and fixed some parts (related to filesystems and MD/LVM/etc),
however my understanding is that a complete review hasn't happened yet.

I would suggest that builds for kfreebsd-* are enabled nevertheless.
Users will be aware that this is a "technology preview" release and
expect that some areas are not completely polished, specially when
it comes to documentation.

--
Robert Millan