Re: Has anybody recently done a Debian install on a playstation-3?

On Thursday 18 February 2010, Julian Hernandez Gomez wrote:
> What is the contents of /proc/cpuinfo for a PS3?
>
> [cpuinfo]
>
> > Also, what is the output of 'archdetect' when run in a debug shell of
> > the installer?
>
> powerpc/ps3

Thanks. I've added support for kernel selection for ps3 in SVN for the next
upload of base-installer.

If you want to test it before then, you can do so by manually making the
following changes in /usr/lib/base-installer/kernel.sh before you get to
the base-installer stage (e.g. during partitioning):
- on the line just below 'case "$CPU" in', add '|cell' before the ')'
- on the line just below 'case "$SUBARCH" in', add '|ps3' before the ')'

Cheers,
FJP