Re: [ANNOUNCE] Alpha1 images, last tests and announce on friday

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
On Wednesday 17 February 2010, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I've contacted Debian CD Team to look at it.

What exactly do you think is wrong here Otavio?

In fact it was a misunderstand between me and Steve. I was talking to him at #debian-cd and asked him to build the full-set for us to test and release in Friday. I had understand that he has done it when in fact he has only done the weekly builds.

* netinst and businesscard images are built daily as "squeeze_d-i" [1]

These was the ones I wanted build.

* the mini.iso images are part of the D-I builds, not debian-cd builds [2]
* so it's completely correct that the above link only lists full CDs and
 DVDs

So the only problem here is that your mail asking people to test is
incomplete as it points to only one class of images instead of telling
people where to find all the different relevant images.

We can't use the daily images for testing in many arches (mips, mipsel, powerpc, ...) since (still for a unknown issue) buildd stoped to build them.

I've contacted people to look at it and they're doing it but looks like it will take some time (most probably wait until Luk is around).

Once upon a time we would even ask Steve to (temporarily!) change the
"daily" symlink from sid_d-i to squeeze_d-i to facilitate pre-release
testing...

Yes; I agree. Specially due this breakage from daily builds; the end result is that the release works better and is more up to date then dailies in some arches.

Steve, can you do that for us?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br