Re: debootstrap scripts reorg

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 04:11:38PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Colin, I found the following changes, plus flattening the scripts/
> directory in deboostrap's source tree, and including the symlinks in it
> were useful since they allowed running debootstrap from a VCS checkout.
>
> It is more cluttered, but the easier debugging is worth it IMHO. Any
> strong counter-preference?

No strong counter-preference, no; decluttering the top level (in r47552)
made sense, but I don't really mind whether things are in
scripts/DISTRIBUTION/ or just in scripts/.  I agree there's a lot to be
said for being able to run it straight from a checkout, and generally I
approve of putting things in the filesystem rather than in build rules
where possible.

Thanks,