Re: Preliminary patches for console-setup (for g-i)

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 07:50:08PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:

> Would it be possible/sensible for the main keyboard-configuration
> package to not ask any question at a priority higher than 'low' if
> /etc/default/keyboard already exists, regardless of the 'seen' flag?

It is in order to make the setting of the seen flag unnecessary?

It seems possible, I can think only about the following problem:
although d-i doesn't allow the questions with low priority to be asked
this wasn't so in the past and we can not be sure this will be always so
in the future as well as in the installers of the other Debian-based
distributions.

Anton Zinoviev