Re: Some patches for mklibs

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 09:31:19PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> The second patch makes it possible to use that instead (meaning some
> library reduction can happen, as opposed to using mklibs-copy):
>   MKLIBS = mklibs -X /usr/lib/xorg/modules

Please specify your problem first.  Just don't include the broken shared
objects on the commandline.

> AFAICT (please keep in mind I'm quite new to this), the issue was that
> an X module was needing some symbols available in another X module,
> without referencing it (I guess one plugin gets access to the other
> plugin's symbols through the Xorg binary itself).

There is a reason why dynamic symbols in executables are discuraged, you
found it.

> Modernize exception raising.
> Raising string exceptions is deprecated, turn strings into proper
> Exception objects.

Okay. However please use more matching exceptions.

> Add support for excluding some DSO based on filename patterns.

Nack. You did not properly specify the problem you want to fix.

Bastian

--
Oh, that sound of male ego.  You travel halfway across the galaxy and
it's still the same song.