Re: debian installer

On Friday 12 February 2010, Lechat wrote:
> Would it be possible to extend it with a simulation mode, that would ask
> all the questions at once but without really installing the packages,
> and then make an easily reusable install config file from this?

I don't want to take the time to explain the technical reasons ATM. But no,
that's not possible.

You can create automated installations and it is to some extend possible to
use info from an initial manual install for that, but not as you describe
it. For details on creating automated installations, see the Installation
Guide (appendix on preseeding).

> Are there some ready-made scripts to remaster the install CD iso by
> including the config file and possibly additional home made scripts ?

Any information available about that can be found on the wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller

Cheers,
FJP