Re: Switching g-i from DirectFB to X11

Quoting Cyril Brulebois (kibi@debian.org):

> I guess it's never too late to propose help? Maybe there's a list of
> open issues that an outsider like me could work on?

There are general considerations about the user interface that were
collected by Frans and reported to the archive. The concerns were also
about size issues (because of l10n as there are a huge amount of
strings that are potentially translatable). I mostly remind a long
mail that was summarizing all this. Not being online to search the
archives doesn't allow me to be more specific, but looking from Frans'
mails with "console-setup" in the Subject between....June and October
2009 should be OK to find this.

(there's a big chance that Frans posts the right URL before this mail
reaches you)

Another concern was the lack of constant attetion received by c-s,
even after we switched the base system to use console-setup. This is
where we are right now: the base system uses c-s by default....but D-I
is still using kbd-chooser.

Of course, now that we hooked someone very efficient in D-I, things
may change..:-)